Thursday afternoon, 3 p.m.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

old friends, soft music...

Had dinner with R (aka the original T) and his wife N yesterday night. I have known R since when we were in engineering college and we had a great time chatting away to glory since all 3 of us have been in the same mould more or less - engg + mba intentions. We met up at a Barista and both of us were armed with our laptops in order to exchange old photos & other stuff. Time always flies by when you meet up with old friends & before we realized it was past 10. We thought it was time we had dinner & at R's reco, we went to this small place which served a sumptuous fare of tava sabzi & roti. R had applied to ISB for R2 & had been shortlisted for the interview. Unfortunately, he did not receive an admit & was understandably low about it. But looking at the way he has developed himself as a person over the past 8.5 years that I've known him makes me sure that he is gonna do great in his life & that he will get into the b-school of his choice sooner than later. As I was discussing with him yesterday, I feel that getting an admit is about 30% luck & once your time comes, things just move smoothly.
Its now the last 4 days @ work & soon I will be a free bird for a month after that. I will be leaving for Ahmedabad on the 9th of this month. ISB put up its microsite for the batch of '07 yesterday. This site has details of acad courses, financial info, registration, housing, meals, etc. where you're supposed to fill in the relevant forms. Good start I would say. Finally booked my ticket to Hyderabad. I will be flying there on the evening of 14th April. Registration, orientation & pre term will go on for a couple of weeks before Term 1 begins on 1st May.
Hopefully, my blog for the next month will contain posts on all the fun I'm having & places I'm travelling! :)

1 Comments:

  • hey T2,

    It was great meeting you yesterday...and that too at one of my favourite relaxing joints... I guess.. I havent yet overcome my reject at ISB, but I promise, I will do it next time.. And I can bet on it... But then... Life is full of pleasant and unpleasant surprises... so can just work and hope....

    Be the way you are..And PLEASE KEEP in touch though I know you will become pathetically busy once you are at ISB. Will surely meet before you become a migratory bird.......

    adios
    Rajat
    R2 - Reject but Life Admit

    By Blogger Rajat, At 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home