Thursday afternoon, 3 p.m.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hazy shade of ......

Browsing through alum blog archives...interesting to see what they went through same time last year...came across this comment by one of the profs during an interview which is a good thing to keep in mind because slowly but surely, mindsets and discussions are moving towards placements... this is something I have always believed in...

"Think about the life you want and not about the job you want"

I know this is easier said than done given the context at a b school. For most, what our peers think matters a lot. However, once we're out of this place, it is we who have to deal with that job everyday. Money cannot be a motivator beyond a point. I remember how I took a 50% pay cut last year to do something which I was very passionate about & where I learnt tremondously. However, being human (again, not an excuse) I changed jobs primarily because I was getting 2.5 times the pay. Having been through this entire cycle, I genuinely believe in doing what stimulates you, doing something which you are passionate about. Money is a byproduct. It will come when it has to.

I hope that come placement time, I'm able to keep my mind free of these pressures and choose something which I would love to do. I cannot envision a life where I get up in the morning and not wait to get to work.


2 Comments:

  • Seriously pal. If one keeps himself absolved from that pressure and actually manages to get in what he wants to do..he is in.. or else..he would end being what we all do...work..

    By Blogger Rajat, At 5:54 AM  

  • You voice my thoughts about passion.Because it is something I have started realising lately....Really.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home