Thursday afternoon, 3 p.m.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

....another week in paradise.


Its been a week since my last post. K asked me a few days back why I was not posting anything in spite of the fact that so many things were happening on campus. I believe that I will blog when I have something to express, my perspective on an issue/happening to note or just to jot down an interesting event I have been party to. I would not intend my blog to serve as a diary of events happening around me. That said, I do intend to blog regularly!

It is sometimes essential to log out & take a step back in order to have a macro perspective on any system. I did that yesterday. Often, one tends to get so caught up in the micro details that the big picture goes into the background. It is essential to regularly monitor it & ensure that things are on track. The past week of pre term saw a radical change in attitudes of many a junta. Someone told me last week that you develop all your characteristics as a unique individual by age seven & nothing after that. That maybe true - I could see people actually behaving like kids on many an occasion as far as studying was concerned.

Went to a mall in town where there was a live mini 'war of the bands' sort of competition on with some really good local bands. Enjoyed some jazz & rock music. It was a welcome break before term 1 starts tomorrow (Although I realized how woefully outdated I'd become when one band 'screamed' a song called 'Chopsuey' & a few teenage girls screamed the lyrics with the lead singer).I believe that the greatest achievement in life is 'balance'. Enjoying something till you reach the peak of the marginal propensity to cosume curve; before you start getting negative marginal returns is the key. Do everything in moderation. I tried to do that last week & hope to continue with it next week. I intend to spend an hour playing squash & swimming every morning. I hope the burden of academics shall not dampen my spirits in the days ahead.

P.S. - The photo is a view of our library called the Learning Resource Centre (LRC)

7 Comments:

  • hi, just read few of the blogs posted by u on this page , and must admit , the way u put down ur thoughts is very impressive.
    u are a sensible writer...

    few of the thoughts i liked are...

    1) It is sometimes essential to log out & take a step back in order to have a macro perspective on any system.


    2)I believe that one of the most important aspects of self discovery at a b-school is actually getting to understand what you want to do after a year, following it up with more information & then directing your efforts towards that goal and i also like the last paragraph of the blog End of week1- the way one defines their happiness

    3)the event description of ISB students visiting govt. schools, it was very touching ...where you're born determines 95% of how things work out for you in life.


    was thinking on the same lines yestersay itself , that we are fortunate lots that we dont ve to start from scratch and havent faced troubles which some of the people of our age might have had to face due to circumstances..


    4)the way you thanked your parents ..

    keep posting .. wud surely come back to read for more....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:04 PM  

  • chinmai,
    glad you liked what you read. i intend to keep blogging. hope you enjoy reading it. take care.

    -swapnil

    By Blogger iceman, At 5:27 PM  

  • good one...

    am here on recommendation of chinmai who is a friend of mine...

    the war of bands sounds cool...

    would have been loads of fun.. or just 'moderate'.. lol


    so buddy.. do tell me as to how u got into ISB..


    u keep blogging and ill keep coming over to read and comment...


    bye
    tc

    -Neel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:55 PM  

  • Flintoff,

    Howz life?

    Keep posting ....

    Ram

    By Blogger Ram, At 8:34 PM  

  • Ram,
    life is good. the 1st week of classes has ended today & we have our first few assignment submissions coming in. Let's see how that progresses :) Come down to ISB sometime yaar - it would be nice.
    -Swapnil

    By Blogger iceman, At 10:48 PM  

  • hm..so now ur the next on my list Swapnil i guess...well have been foll a few alums until now like Ram n others...way to go n gdluck! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:34 AM  

  • Jasmine, thanks & welcome to the blog. Hope to have your comments & hope you enjoy reading the blog.
    -Swapnil

    By Blogger iceman, At 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home